Water tables are a wonderful invention for your toddler if they love water. Personally I have been through two water tables for my toddler, because the first one just wasn’t quite the right fit.
If you pick the right water table, toddlers can spend hours splashing and playing. It is a great for summer fun or all year round fun if you live in a warm climate. Here is a look at the best water tables for toddlers from a parent who has been through this search!
Best Water Tables for Toddlers
As you can see, there are two main players in the water table space, Fisher Price and Step2, which are both known for their outdoor toys for kids. Let’s take a closer look at each of these options.
Little Tikes Fountain Factory Water Table
- STEM hands-on learning
- Make learning a splash with cause and effect water play; Hold 7 gallons of water
- Build endless combinations with interchangeable pipes
This is hands down our favorite water table, we purchased it this year after a previous one just wasn’t keeping our toddler’s interest.
If your child is fascinated by the way things work, this water table for them. It has a number of faucets and water powered gears, as well as accessory toys to play with like cups for your child to pour water though the system of tubing.
This is very much a STEM focused toy, and your child will love to learn about the way these systems work.
The only downside to this water table is that system tubing does require some assembly.
Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship – Amazon Exclusive
- Fun pirate ship themed outdoor, water play table loaded with spinning features
- Water moves with pump or by pouring water into the crows nest
- Aim and squirt water from the water cannon
What toddler doesn’t love pirates? Your little pirate will be fascinated with this water table shaped like a pirate ship that comes complete with an anchor they can lower and raise.
The central attraction of this water table is water fountain that spins when you pour water into it with one of the accessory cups.
If that isn’t enough this water table even has a water cannon to provide the full pirate play experience, ahoy!
Little Tikes Fish ‘n Splash Water Table
- Fun, durable water table with fishing game and counting play
- Catch, collect and count your fish before releasing them with a splash!
- Fill the fishbowl until it tips over and splashes down in a wave!
This water table is perfect for younger toddlers, and comes complete with a fishing pole and fish to catch! It also has a net to catch the fish and the other provided sea creatures – a turtle, crab, and frog!
Like most water tables, there is also a central feature water fountain that is powered by your toddler, for a fun play experience.
This water table is by far the simplest to assemble of these options, which can be the most important features for many parents.
Step2 Rain Showers Splash Pond Water Table
- This kids’ water table will create a mini water park right in your backyard! Use the large bucket to scoop up water from the pond and pour into the top waterfall tray. Watch as the rainfall effect is activated as the water splashes into the pond!
- As the waterfall drains back into the water table pond, maze-like spinners, ramps and buckets are activated! Rearrange the put-and-place maze pieces to create new waterfalls for fun cause and effect STEM play
- Kids can make a spinning splash in the “rain” with the hand-held spinning wheel and use the side flipper to flip figures back into the pond!
This full featured water table is a sure win for any toddler. It also comes in purple and light blue, which has a unicorn theme:
Either of these water tables can also come with an umbrella if so desired.
These water towers have the biggest central feature, with gears and spouts which are a ton of fun, and it also comes with a ton of accessories from cups to pour water, and critters to play with in the water.
With a larger size, this table is fantastic if you want to make sure multiple toddlers are having some warm weather fun.
Step2 Dino Dig Sand & Water Table
- Two-sided table features an area for sand and an area for water
- Pour water into the top of the "volcano", and watch as the water gusts down the Ash Mountain for a water eruption!
- The dinosaurs can get some shade and take a drink from the local watering hole under the realistic palm tree
Generally speaking, I am not a fan of combined sand and water tables, except for this one.
Why? Simple. Dinosaurs. My toddler absolutely loves dinosaurs, especially digging for fossils.
Step2 does a great job of dividing sand and water play. When playing with water, you can easily keep the sand covered by the mountain, if you don’t want the sand and water mixing.
The central water spout feature in this case is also the central sand feature, and is of course a toddler powered spout that your toddler can pour either sand or water on.
Is there a danger of mixing sand and water with a mischievous toddler? Of course, but you can simply pull the stopper on the water side, and leave the sand uncovered to let it dry out.
The Dino water and sand fossil play is worth it if your toddler is a huge Dino fan!
Picking the Best Water Table for Toddlers
When it comes to picking the best water table for toddlers there are a few things you need to consider:
- Ease of assembly. Each of these water tables will need to be assembled by an adult!
- Themes and Features. Does your toddler enjoy a certain play theme like dinosaurs, pirates?
- Size and shape. These water tables come in different sizes and shapes, so it is important to decide where you are going to place it before you purchase it!
- Sand and water mixed? Generally I try not to mix sand and water, except for the dinosaur themed water table I mentioned here.
Now, let’s recap some of our recommendations:
If your toddler doesn’t have a particular favorite theme of play, the Little Tikes Fountain Factory water table is hands down the best pick, for the mental stimulation it provides.
Younger toddlers will best be served by the Little Tikes Fish ‘n Splash water table.
This guide also has you covered with the Little Tikes Anchors Away pirate themed water table and the Step2 Dino Dig & Sand water table if you are raising a junior pirate or paleontologist.
Picking the best water table for toddlers is no easy task, believe me, I’ve been there. This guide will help you find the perfect warm weather water table for your toddler, no matter what their interests are.