As much as we all hate to, it is a fact of life that we need to clean the kitchen counters at some point. I have tried to make it part of my routine that I wipe down the counters every evening.
Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, but hey, I try! One of the most essential tools when it comes time for your evening clean up is your kitchen counter cleaning cloth.
Let's take a look at some of my favorites rags for cleaning the kitchen.
The Best Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloths
When it comes to picking the best kitchen cleaning cloths, there are a couple of things to think about:
- Will you use it for more than just cleaning the kitchen counter?
- Do you have a preferred type of material?
Now, with these questions in mind, let's look at some of our options.
Best Microfiber Cloth for Kitchen
- Ultra soft, non-abrasive microfiber cleaning cloths will not scratch paints, vinyl, glass, finishes or other surfaces
- Effectively cleans either dry or with liquid cleaners for streak-free and lint-free results
- Absorbent cleaning cloths soak up eight times their own weight
Can you ever go wrong with Amazon Basics? The answer is no. These are an all around great microfiber cloth, and are a generous 12 inch x 16 inch size. Because of this size, this cloth is great for all house hold cleaning, not just kitchen counters.
If you head on over to the product page, you will also see that you can order packs of 36, 48, and 144, and the price gets more economical with the more you buy.
Best Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloth - OUR TOP PICK!
- Yarn embedded silver treatment; Perfect for the kitchen for lab
- Thick and absorbent, use dry or wet; Practical towels are safe to use on any surface
- Soft and absorbent cloths; lint, streak, swirl, and scratch free; use around the home or for auto detailing
These are hands down my favorite kitchen counter cleaning cloths, and in fact, I use them from cleaning just about everything to hardwood floors, tables, and more.
What attracted me to these cloths over the other microfiber option was the infusion of the antimicrobial silver treatment to the fabric. We spend a lot of time in our kitchen, so I want to make sure it is as clean as possible.
These cloths are also easy to pick out of the clean laundry with their distinctive silver coloring, and are 12 inches by 12 inches in size.
If you like the 12 inch size, but aren't sold on microfiber material, be sure to look at our next few options.
Best Cotton Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloth
- PERFECT DISH CLOTHS TO TACKLE ANY JOB: Our dishcloths for kitchen sets measure 12 x 12"; Versatile and fast drying stink free dish cloth for your kitchen cleaning and dish washing tasks; Ultra absorbent for use as a dish drying cloth as well
- EASY CARE LONG-LASTING MATERIAL: 100% Cotton lint free kitchen wash cloth are easy to care for; Machine wash with cold water, gentle cycle and tumble dry, low heat; Do not bleach or run cloths through a hot dryer; We recommend washing dishcloths before first use
- ULTRA ABSORBENT AND LOW LINT: Kitchen towels and dishcloths sets are lightweight, and not just a kitchen washcloth, cotton dish cloths make cleaning easy in every area of your home and tough outdoor jobs like camping and in the garage or automobile care
I personally love microfiber, but at the end of the day, it is a partially synthetic material, and some people just prefer to avoid it.
That's why I have also brought up these cotton cloths. The other pro of cotton cloths is that they absorb liquids much better than microfiber, and are great for cleaning spills.
This also means they are great for actually washing your pans, pots, and dishes. If you are looking for an all around workhorse of a cloth for your kitchen, cotton may be the way to go for you.
These cloths also come in many different colors to coordinate with your kitchen decor.
Best Economical Cotton Kitchen Cleaning Cloth
- This RITZ Terry Kitchen Towel set of 6 reusable kitchen towels come in a variety of charming colorway patterns and include: 2 solid, 2 dark check pattern, and 2 light check pattern each.
- RITZ designs dish towels for kitchen tasks big and small. Measuring 12in. by 12in. (30cm by 30cm), use dish towels for drying dishes, cookware, and glassware, or as absorbent kitchen towels to soak up spills and splatters.
- Built to last. RITZ 100% cotton kitchen towels are designed with sturdy terry-loop construction with special woven technology.
If you plan on completely re-stocking your stockpile of kitchen cloths, this cotton option is very economical, which means you can buy a few packs of them and not feel as guilty.
Like the other cloth, these cotton cleaning cloths also come in an array of colors to match your kitchen.
Best Hybrid Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloth
- Super Absorbent: Perfect for wiping down any surface, our Swedish dishcloths for kitchen and bathroom cleaning pick up spills and splashes like magic.
- Reusable: Step aside, paper towels. This Swedish dishcloth can clean up messes time and time again - just throw in the wash after use and it'll be good as new.
- Multipurpose: Safe for marble, stainless steel, tile, and wood surfaces, these kitchen dishcloths also work for scrubbing or drying dishes, cups, mugs, sinks, tubs, and showers.
At 8 inches x 7 inches, these cloths are a bit smaller than their counterparts. They make up for this with their unique sponge like materials.
They also absorb water much better than many microfiber cloths, which means they are a great choice for not only cleaning up your kitchen and washing dishes, but even washing your car too!
This also comes in a wide variety of colors.
Why Use Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloths?
I decided to research microfiber cloths for the kitchen after I realized how many paper towels I was using, which was a lot.
Now, I just wash the kitchen cleaning rags with the rest of my dish towels and towels.
Don't miss our guide to the best cleaning cloths for the bathroom to help you become cleaner and more eco friendly!
I use a new kitchen counter cleaning cloth every day, sometimes more than once if I make too big of a mess!
What is the best kitchen counter cleaning cloth?
The best kitchen counter cleaning cloth are the CleanAide Silver Embedded Cleaning Microfiber Towels Ultra Cut 12 X 12 Inches 25 Pack. They are made of antimicrobial silver microfiber and wear well. I have been using mine for over three years!
Kitchen Counter Cleaning Tips
Here are a couple tips I have when it comes to cleaning your kitchen counters.
- Wipe down your kitchen counters nightly.
It may seem like a big deal to clean your kitchen counters nightly, but it really isn't! The more you do it, the faster you will get at it, and it makes them easier to clean since nothing is ever on them for more than a day!
- Clean your counters before you vacuum or mop.
I tend to at least vacuum my kitchen floor every night, even if I don't steam mop it. If you clean the counters first, any debris will end up on the floor for you to vacuum and your kitchen will be spotless in no time.
- Try a simple vinegar and water mixture for cleaning.
There are a number of products out there to clean kitchen counters. Lately, I've been using a simple mixture of white vinegar, water, and essential oils so things don't just smell like vinegar. I mix half vinegar, and half water, then add 5 drops of essential oil per cup of cleaning mixture.
Having these ingredients on hand can be great if there aren't any cleaning products at the store, since this cleaner also disinfects.
Of course, the best kitchen counter cleaning cloths are essential for your cleaning routine!
Last update on 2022-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API