As much as we all hate to, it is a fact of life that we need to clean the kitchen counters at some point. I have tried to make it part of my routine that I wipe down the counters every evening.
Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t, but hey, I try! One of the most essential tools when it comes time for your evening clean up is your kitchen counter cleaning cloth.
Let’s take a look at some of my favorites.
The Best Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloths
When it comes to picking the best kitchen counter cleaning cloths, there are a couple of things to think about:
- Will you use it for more than just cleaning the kitchen counter?
- Do you have a preferred type of material?
Now, with these questions in mind, let’s look at some of our options.
Best Microfiber Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloth
- Ultra soft, non-abrasive microfiber cloths will not scratch paints, coats or other surfaces
- Cleans with or without chemical cleaners, leaves lint and streak free results
- Absorbs eight times its own weight
Can you ever go wrong with Amazon Basics? The answer is no. These are an all around great microfiber cloth, and are a generous 12 inch x 16 inch size. Because of this size, this cloth is great for all house hold cleaning, not just kitchen counters.
If you head on over to the product page, you will also see that you can order packs of 36, 48, and 144, and the price gets more economical with the more you buy.
Best Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloth – OUR TOP PICK!
- Yarn embedded silver treatment
- Thick and absorbent, use dry or wet - practical 12" X 12" size
- For a streak-free, lint-free, scratch-free finish and polish
These are hands down my favorite kitchen counter cleaning cloths, and in fact, I use them from cleaning just about everything to hardwood floors, tables, and more.
What attracted me to these cloths over the other microfiber option was the infusion of the antimicrobial silver treatment to the fabric. We spend a lot of time in our kitchen, so I want to make sure it is as clean as possible.
These cloths are also easy to pick out of the clean laundry with their distinctive silver coloring, and are 12 inches by 12 inches in size.
If you like the 12 inch size, but aren’t sold on microfiber material, be sure to look at our next few options.
Best Cotton Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloth
- PERFECT DISH CLOTHS TO TACKLE ANY JOB: Our dishcloths for kitchen sets measure 12 x 12"; Versatile and fast drying stink free dish cloth for your kitchen cleaning and dish washing tasks. Ultra absorbent for use as a dish drying cloth as well
- EASY CARE LONG-LASTING MATERIAL: 100% Cotton lint free kitchen wash cloth are easy to care for; Machine wash with cold water, gentle cycle and tumble dry, low heat; Do not bleach or run cloths through a hot dryer; We recommend washing dishcloths before first use
- ULTRA ABSORBENT AND LOW LINT: Kitchen towels and dishcloths sets are lightweight, and not just a kitchen washcloth, cotton dish cloths make cleaning easy in every area of your home and tough outdoor jobs like camping and in the garage or automobile care
I personally love microfiber, but at the end of the day, it is a partially synthetic material, and some people just prefer to avoid it.
That’s why I have also brought up these cotton cloths. The other pro of cotton cloths is that they absorb liquids much better than microfiber, and are great for cleaning spills.
This also means they are great for actually washing your pans, pots, and dishes. If you are looking for an all around workhorse of a cloth for your kitchen, cotton may be the way to go for you.
These cloths also come in many different colors to coordinate with your kitchen decor.
Best Economical Cotton Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloth
- VALUE PACK. The Ritz set of six (6), 100-percent terry looped cotton kitchen dish cloths are a great value for all your kitchen and household cleaning needs without sacrificing the quality and durability Ritz is known for.
- HIGHLY ABSORBENT. Generously sized, each solid and check design dish cloth measures 12-inch long by 12-inch wide. Terry loop cotton construction made with a new woven technology. Perfect for wiping down kitchen surfaces or drying dishes.
- EASY CARE. To help keep it simple, Ritz dish cloths and kitchen towels are machine washable and tumble dry on low. It is recommended that you wash these terry cotton dish cloths prior to first use.
If you plan on completely re-stocking your stockpile of kitchen cloths, this cotton option is very economical, which means you can buy a few packs of them and not feel as guilty.
Like the other cloth, these also come in an array of colors to match your kitchen.
Best Hybrid Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloth
- ✔ SUPER EFFECTIVE CLEANING - 10 Pack Assorted Colors (8" x 7”) - Our Swedish dishcloths combine the benefits of a traditional hand tea-towel with the super absorbency of a cellulose sponge (our cloths absorb over 20x their weight!). Soft to the touch when wet, gritty enough for scrubbing when dry make our Swedish sponge cloth the best towel for your kitchen. Perfect for cleaning and scrubbing dishes, cups, mugs, tumblers, and cleaning countertops.
- ✔ WHOLESALE PRICING- With Swedish Dishcloth Wholesale you don’t need to overpay for European dishwashing cloths. Our towels are sold in packs to lower the cost to you. Value + Premium Quality is what sets us apart. Sold in bulk packs of 10, each set should last you an entire year for all your cleaning needs and make the perfect paper towel replacement.
- ✔ ECO-FRIENDLY - Our eco-friendly Swedish Dish Clothes are dishwasher and washing machine safe for repeated use and less waste. Made from biodegradable cellulose and all natural cotton materials (80% Cellulose / 20% Cotton) Our Reusable Swedish dishcloths are not only more absorbent than a traditional cotton dishcloth but they last far longer. Soft to the touch, durable, and washing machine safe make Swedish washcloths the best towel for your kitchen.
At 8 inches x 7 inches, these cloths are a bit smaller than their counterparts. They make up for this with their unique sponge like materials.
They also absorb water much better than many microfiber cloths, which means they are a great choice for not only cleaning up your kitchen and washing dishes, but even washing your car too!
This also comes in a wide variety of colors.
Why Use Kitchen Counter Cleaning Cloths?
I decided to research kitchen counter cleaning cloths after I realized how many paper towels I was using, which was a lot.
Now, I just wash the kitchen counter cleaning cloths with the rest of my dish towels and towels.
Don’t miss our guide to the best cleaning cloths for the bathroom to help you become cleaner and more eco friendly!
I use a new kitchen counter cleaning cloth every day, sometimes more than once if I make too big of a mess!
Kitchen Counter Cleaning Tips
Here are a couple tips I have when it comes to cleaning your kitchen counters.
- Wipe down your kitchen counters nightly.
It may seem like a big deal to clean your kitchen counters nightly, but it really isn’t! The more you do it, the faster you will get at it, and it makes them easier to clean since nothing is ever on them for more than a day!
- Clean your counters before you vacuum or mop.
I tend to at least vacuum my kitchen floor every night, even if I don’t steam mop it. If you clean the counters first, any debris will end up on the floor for you to vacuum and your kitchen will be spotless in no time.
- Try a simple vinegar and water mixture for cleaning.
There are a number of products out there to clean kitchen counters. Lately, I’ve been using a simple mixture of white vinegar, water, and essential oils so things don’t just smell like vinegar. I mix half vinegar, and half water, then add 5 drops of essential oil per cup of cleaning mixture.
Having these ingredients on hand can be great if there aren’t any cleaning products at the store, since this cleaner also disinfects.
Of course, the best kitchen counter cleaning cloths are essential for your cleaning routine!
Last update on 2020-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API