Let’s face it, picking a grill is a big deal. First of all, it can be a huge investment. Secondly, it is something you’re going to use a lot, sometimes more than your stove! It can be a big decision, which is why we have this guide on picking the best grill under 300.
Best Grill Under 300
When it comes to picking the best grill under 300, there are a couple of important things to consider.
First and foremost, we are looking at propane gas grills here. If you live in an apartment and aren’t allowed to have a gas grill, don’t miss our guide to the best apartment grills which list some electric models.
Next, here are the important things to look at:
- Number of Burners and Heat Output. The hotter, the better!
- Cooking Area. This also relates to how big the grill is.
- Side Burner. Do you need a burner to put a pot or pan on next to the grill?
Now, keeping these things in mind, let’s take a look at some grills! We want to make sure you get the best cooking experience possible at the 300 dollar price point.
Char-Broil 463377319 Performance Gas Grill
- Power Source: Propane/ liquid petroleum gas. The propane tank is not included.
- Exclusive Stainless Steel finish for increased style and durability
- Reliable electric ignition to fire up your grill and 10, 000 BTU side burner
This four burner grill provides a large cooking area, and size burner of 10,000 BTU. With 425 square inches of cooking space, backyard BBQs will be a breeze.
It also has an additional 150 square inches of warming space, great for toasting buns.
The side shelves are even made of stainless steel, not plastic. All in all this is a solid grill that is also very easy to clean with a pull out grease tray and pan.
Char-Broil 463370719 Performance Gas Grill
- Exclusive stainless steel finish for increased style and durability
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even-heat and cooks juicier food
- 450-square-inches of primary cooking space is great for most cookouts
While this Char-Broil Grill has one less burner than its counterpart we just looked at, it has an additional 25 square inches of cooking space.
This model is able to do away with that fourth burner and still cook evenly due to its unique infrared cooking system.
This system means that you won’t need to worry about hot spots in your grill. To me, this feature sets it apart from all other models. For some reason, I have always noticed that grills have certain spots that heat better than others. This is not the case with an infrared system.
It also has all the same features as the first Char-Broil we looked at, and is also easy to clean.
Char-Broil Performance 300 Gas Grill
- 2-burner, 24,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill
- 300 square inches of primary cooking on porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus 100 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates
- Stainless steel lid and UFC provide stylish durability, and features a lid-mounted temperature gauge for added heat control.Cooking System:Convectional
Now, let’s switch gears to a different Char-Broil model. Let’s face it, not everyone wants or needs a massive grill. Sure, you can just light a burner or two, but space can still be a concern.
This mode is smaller than its counterparts at 300 square inches of cooking space.
This is an important feature if space is at a premium for you, such as on a balcony.
The unique part about this grill is the side shelves also fold down, to make it even more space efficient.
While the cart it comes with is made of metal, it is black metal unlike some of the other Char-Broil models that have a complete stainless steel finish.
A Word on Char-Broil Grills
By now, I’m sure you have noticed that you just looked at three different Char-Broil grill. The fact of the matter is that Char-Broil basically owns the under 300 dollar grill market.
Char-Broil has been around for a long time, and makes an excellent product, and multiple products at this price point.
Nevertheless, I did manage to find a couple of other great grills under 300 dollars.
Cuisinart CGG-7400 Gas Grill
- COOKING POWER: Four 11, 000 BTU burners provide a total 44, 000 BTUs of cooking power
- COOKING SPACE: The grill is equipped with 443 square inch of cooking space with an additional 167 square inch warming rack
- CAST IRON GRATES: Heavy-duty cast iron cooking grates are great for retaining heat
This is an Cuisinart made alternative to the Char-Broil models at the same price point. While Cuisinart is known for kitchen electrics and cookware, they aren’t so well known in the backyard space.
While it does not feature a side burner, it does feature two metal side shelves, one of which has a bottle opener perfect for BBQs.
The stainless steel and black finish makes this grill look at home in any yard.
With 443 square inches of cooking space, it is also one of the largest grills under 300 dollars around.
MASTER COOK 3 Gas Grill
- ❤ STAINLESS STEEL BURNERS: This propane gas grill has 3 Stainless Steel burners, can put out 30,000 BTU-per-hour with integrated piezoelectric ignition system, quick start up with the push &turn of a control knob
- ❤ FEATURES: The whole Stainless steel control panel with chromium plating control knob makes this propane gas grill more study and delicate, a stainless steel handle and a built-in stainless steel thermometer on the cover lid, two foldable tables and two heavy duty wheel casters for storage and moving
- ❤ PORCELAIN-ENAMEL WIRE COOKING GRATES: The cooking area of our propane gas grill is 471.8 include 339 square inches for cooking and 132.8 square inches for warming
This is a slightly smaller 3 burner grill by MASTER COOK with 339 square inches of cooking space.
Only the control panel with the grill temperature knobs is stainless steel in this case, which is something to keep in mind when thinking about the best grill for your needs.
It also has porcelain coated wire cooking grates, and is one of the lowest price point grills on this list.
Don’t miss our guide to grill grate materials here!
Picking the Best Grill Under 300
Let’s take a look at these grills under 300 dollars one more time:
When it comes to the most cooking area, and most features, the
The Number One Accessory For Your Grill
Here is the number one accessory for four out of the five grills we reviewed:
These stainless steel wipes will keep your grill exterior looking fresh and clean. While stainless steel does look great, most of the time, it does require a good wipe down every now and then to keep it looking that way.
This guide has everything you need to get grilling this season with the best grill under 300. Interested in a pellet grill? Don’t miss our favorite pellet grills under 300 here!
Last update on 2021-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API