I got my first air fryer a couple of years ago. When it came to picking an air fryer, one of the most important things that I looked at was the size of the air fryer, which can vary quite a bit between different makes and models. If you are looking for the best air frier for a family of for like I was, you have come to the right place.
Best Air Fryer for a Family of 4
When it comes to finding the best air fryer for a family of 4, the most important thing is size of course.
While you may be tempted to pick a smaller air fryer by looking at the capacity, my advice is not to. Something that is important to understand is that an air fryer cooks better when it is less full. When it is less full, there is more air to circulate around your food, after all, an air fryer is just a very fast convection oven.
When I looked at all of the different air fryers out there, I found that around 4 Quarts is the best size air fryer for a family of 4. Could you get a slightly smaller one? Of course you could, but with so many different air fryers available today, your best bet is looking at the 4 quart and slightly larger range.
Each and every one of these air fryers in this list will make enough for a family of 4.
The next thing to think about how many Watts the air fryer is. A watt is a unit of power, so the more watts, the more powerful. This also does translate to more electricity drawn and used.
Philips Twin TurboStar Technology XXL Airfryer
- The Philips Airfryer XXL is the healthiest way to fry, using little or no added oil to fry your favorite food. It's the only air fryer with fat removal technology that reduces and captures excess fat
- With a 3lb/4qt capacity you can now make delicious meals for up to 6 people every day. Fits a whole chicken or 2 bags of frozen french fries with results just as crispy as deep-fried
- The air fryer is instantly hot and ready to go in seconds, cooking 4 times faster than a conventional oven. With no preheat needed, you can save time and start cooking right away
This is one of the air fryers I own. The first thing you may notice is the price range, and the truth is you do pay more for a Philips air fryer than many of the competitors.
I also believe you get more with a Philips air fryer than many of the others. Remember, Philips basically pioneered the air frier, and was one of the first ones to market.
This means they are constantly adding new technologies to their air fryers, and making them work more efficiently.
You will also notice that this is the highest powered air fryer out of all the models we looked at. Philips knows what they are doing, and their air fryers get the job done quicker than many of their counterparts. When Philips says you don’t have to pre heat their air fryers, they really mean it!
Are a couple of minutes a big deal? Of course not. If budget is not a consideration, then the Philips Air Fryer XXL is for you.
Ninja Air Fryer
- Now enjoy guilt free food; Air fry with up to 75 percent less fat than traditional frying methods; Tested against hand cut, deep fried French fries
- Wide Temperature Range: 105 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit allows you to gently remove moisture from foods or quickly cook and crisp foods with convection heat
- 4 quart ceramic coated nonstick basket and crisper plate fit 2 pounds of French fries
The Ninja Air Fryer is our top choice. It is a good balance between features, functionality, and power. Ninja made their mark on the kitchen space with their classic Ninja blender so many years ago, and are constantly expanding into new areas.
One of these areas is the air fryer. As you can see, the Ninja Air Fryer has a high tech display, and one of the other features that many air friers do not: the dehydrate feature.
If you are a fan of making dried fruits and vegetables, the Ninja Air Fryer deserves your serious consideration! Think nice fresh sun dried tomatoes for your pasta, or dehydrated apple chips for snacks.
It also has settings for reheat (which you can really do in any air fryer anyway), and a setting for roast to more closely mimic an oven.
The Ninja Air Fryer is also slightly more powerful than the rest of the air fryers we are going to look at.
Ultrean Air Fryer
- Enjoy Food with Less Fat, Oil- with Ultrean air fryer you can enjoy the same fried and crispy foods with less fat and grease
- Get a multifunction cooker that saves your time and money - aside from air frying you can also grill, roast and bake your favorite food with its innovative heating system “rapid air technology” which is designed to cook your food evenly without the hassles of using hot oil or thermometer
- Hassle-free operation - with accessible buttons and easy cooking set up; It comes with an auto switch off timer (0-30mins) and adjustable temperature setting (180°f-400°f）
This Ultrean air fryer has a 4.2 quart capacity and is powered by a 1500 watt motor. If you are looking for something different when it comes to an air dryer, this may me the right choice for you, since it does come in more color options:
Since an air fryer is a large appliance, many people end up keeping them on their kitchen counter tops. The color options of the Ultrean make it a great option for this.
Secura Air Fryer
- The Secure 4. 2 quart (4-liter) electric hot air fryer uses hot air in combination with high-speed air circulation
- Extra large 4. 2 quart (4-liter) basket, more capacity than most other air fryers. Create healthier food by using less grease in your cooking with the "hot air cooking" Method
- 60 minute cooking timer with auto-shut off when your food is done. Heating & power indicator lights
Air fryers could not be easier to operate, but if you are still a little worried about their ease of use, the Secura air fryer could be the answer for you.
As you can see, the Secure air fryer tells you right on the front how to cook some of the most common things you will make in an air fryer.
The more you use your air frier, the more you will get used to it and start experimenting, but the Secura gives you some easy guidance for when you are first getting started.
It operates with two dials, one of temperature, and the other for cooking time.
Habor IKICH Air Fryer
- Oilless Frying & Healthy: "AIR FLOW TECHNOLOGY" by IKICH no oil added and reduce 80% fat intake. Enjoy your favorite fried food by the healthy way!
- Easy to Cook: Hassle-free button operation, let the seniors even kids(over 8-yr) can easily use air fryer. With the convenient control, Habor subverts traditional cooking methods to the simpler way, let you even your husband can't wait to cook
- Space Saving & Large Capacity: Compact size can fit easily on the counter or be stored in the pantry while Habor Electric Hot Air Fryer has 4. 2-quart nonstick basket that fits 2 lbs of French fries, and can fit 2-5 persons
The Harbor IKICH air fryer has a sleek stainless steel front panel, and comes in both black and red:
It is also nice enough to tell you how to cook some of your favorites on the top of the control panel, for easy use.
If you don’t like the knob operation of the Secura air fryer, but really want the cooking guide on the control panel, the Harbor IKICH Air Fryer has several buttons to operate the digital display.
Similar to the Ninja, it has multiple modes that make it behave more like a regular oven than an air fryer.
Picking The Best Air Fryer for a Family of 4
When it comes to picking the best air fryer for a family of 4, remember the important things to think about: size and power. Every one of these options will be big enough and powerful enough for your family of four.
Let’s take a look at the options again:
I love myPhilips XXL Air Fryer. When I purchased it years ago, it was the only game in town when it came to a 4 quart air fryer, and it has paid for itself many times over.
If I was looking for another air fryer today, my top pick is the . Ninja has a great reputation in the kitchen appliance space, and it has even more features than the Philips air fryer!
When it comes to picking an air fryer that will stand out on my kitchen counter, both the Ultrean Air Fryer and Harbor IKICH Air Fryers have options that aren’t black. For some reason, black seems to be the standard air fryer color.
If I am looking for the most features and best value, I would pick the Harbor IKICH air fryer.
Things to Do With Your Air Fryer
After you order the best air fryer for your family of 4, you should start thinking about what to do with it!
Of course, making French fries is one of the first things you should do, but what else? Is an Air Fryer really that amazing?
The answer is yes!
Besides the obvious thing of French fries, you should also think about making:
- Kale chips
- …any vegetables!!!
- Kid size meatballs
- Heating up pizza
- Anything you would do in an oven, but faster!
Really, anything you would fry (except for drippy battered things) or have to cook in your oven forever, you can do in your air fryer in a fraction of time. I hope you and your family enjoy your new air fryer. Be sure to let us know which one you picked in the comments!
Last update on 2020-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API