When it comes to cleaning your tiles, a steam mop is one of the best ways to do it. It is quick, easy, and does not leave a mess behind. The little bit of water it does leave behind dries up in no time at all. I have been using a steam mop for ages, and won’t turn back!
Best Steam Mop for Tiles
Now, let’s take a look at each of these steam mops in more detail.
Shark Steam Pocket Mop
- Clean and sanitize with both sides
- Steam on demand
- 99.9% sanitization
This classic Shark steam pocket mop is an all around great pick when it comes to the best steam mop for tiles. This is the one I have.
It heats up super fast, and see the double sided head? This means you can simply flip the head over when the pad gets dirty, instead of having to change it when it is hot.
You can also buy extra pads beyond the two microfiber pads it comes with.
Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System
- Water tank capacity: 220 millilitre 3 setting intelligent steam control
- Double sided dirt grip washable pads
- Genius head with direct steam channeling
Shark makes a great steam mop, no matter how you look at it. The Shark Genius is splurge worthy, since it has more features than the Shark Steam Pocket Mop.
First of all, it has three modes of steam to help you clean even the toughest spills and dirt, and it comes with a scrubbing dirt grip pad vs the microfiber pad, which of course gives you two sides of cleaning. You can also pick up extra pads so you can do the whole house at once.
What sets it apart from every other steam mop out there is the innovative hands free touch free system to change the pad and remove it. You never have to touch the dirtiest part of the steam mop!
Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99; 9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
Bissell is known for their various floor cleaning devices, like vacuum cleaners and carpet cleaners, so it is no surprise they also have a steam mop.
While it does have three different steam settings, unfortunately you cannot flip the head over for extra cleaning range like your can with its shark counterparts, although you can purchase extra pads.
It is super light, and only weighs 6 pounds, which makes it easy to bring around the house for cleaning.
Bissell Hard Mop
- Powerful, hard floor spin mop reduces cleaning efforts by scrubbing floors for you
- Enjoy the convenience of cordless freedom to clean more areas in your home
- 18V Lithium ion battery provides cordless cleaning up to 20 minutes. Cleaning Path Width : 14 Inch
This Bissell hard mop makes floor cleaning a breeze with its motorized heads. As a bonus, it is also cordless, making it easy to bring around the house without worrying where to plug it in.
If you are looking to a fullly electric alternative to make mopping and scrubbing easier, this mop will do all of the work for you.
The only drawback it that the battery life is only 20 minutes.
Steam Mop Cleaner – 10 in 1
- CLEANS LITERALLY EVERYTHING! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of the ThermaPro 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean the whole house more quickly and easily, making it cleaner and fresher than ever! Clean a lot more than floors with the built-in handheld steam cleaner, or use the flexible hose to put the cleaning power of steam in the palm of your hand. Works great as floor Steam Mop, Carpet Cleaner, steam cleaner, handheld garment steamer window, mirror & glass cleaner & much more.
- CHILD & PET SAFE - PROVIDES 99.99% SANITATION WITH NO HARSH CHEMICALS! Super-heated steam is ready in 30 seconds and kills up to 99.99% of germs without the use of harsh chemicals keeping your loved ones safe. Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the floors looking new and really clean. Comes with special surface scrubber, providing versatile cleaning from Top to Bottom. Ideal for Glass, Sealed Stone, Stainless Steel, and Sealed Tile/Grout.
- LIGHT AND MANEUVERABLE. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's especially important when you're trying to preserve your hardwood floors finish. The steam cleaner 's 340ml / 11.5Oz reservoir is good for 20-25 minutes of steaming on the lowest setting, or half of that on the maximum setting. One real bonus is that it uses tap water alone to steam off dirt, eliminating the need to buy pricey detergent.
This steam mop is more than just a steam mop! It comes with a number of attachments to make cleaning more than just your floor a cinch.
The center of this steam cleaner is detectable, turning it into a hand held steam device allowing you to steam wrinkled clothes, and also use the small attachments to get into hard to each places to clean with steam.
Picking the Best Steam Mop for Tiles
There are a number of things to think about when it comes to picking the best steam mop for tiles.
- Corded or cordless? Pay attention to the cord length, since many models must be plugged in. Cordless models only have a certain amount of battery life.
- Cleaning pads. Are the cleaning pads single sided or dual sided? Can you buy extra ones? How hard are they to change?
- Features. Do you want to use your steam mop for just cleaning tile floors, are are you looking for a more versatile product?
Let’s look at our steam mops for tiles one more time:
Our favorite all around model is the Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System , however it does have a cord and must be plugged in during use.
If you are looking for a cordless or wireless option, then the Bissell Hard Mop is the best choice for you.
Finally, if you are all about features, then the Steam Mop Cleaner - 10 in 1 is a strong contender.
Why Steam Clean Tile Floors?
Steam cleaners are my favorite things for tile floors (as well as other hard surfaces like laminate and linoleum) since they use the power of heat, which is effective for both getting rid of dirt and killing bacteria.
Instead of a traditional mop and bucket, a steam cleaner can be effective with just plain water, there is no need for harmful or harsh chemicals. This is especially important when thinking about the impact to children and pets.
The pads of steam cleaners can also be simply washed and re-used, and are easy to clean, unlike a traditional mop.
Do Steam Mops Damage Tile Floors?
People sometimes hesitate to pick up a steam mop for their tile floors, since they wonder do steam mops damage tile floors?
The answer is absolutely not. You are using the pure power of steam, and pads and brushes on the steam mop that have been designed with tile floors in mind.
Rest assured a steam mop is one of the best, easies, and eco friendly ways to get your floor clean – no chemicals required!
Last update on 2020-05-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API