When it comes to air fryers, there are so many to choose from. They come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors. However, each air fryer is not created equal, since we all have different needs. When it comes to finding the best air fryer for a large family, there are several things that must be seriously considered. This guide show you the best large air fryers around, and how to pick the best one for your family.
Best Air Fryer for Large Family
The first thing you will notice is that we are looking at traditional air fryers here.
While some air fryer/oven combinations seem to have large capacities, when you take a closer look, that is not really the case. Air fryer ovens have racks, not baskets, which mean you can put several single layers of food, but that is about it. They are not ideal for cooking vegetables or French fries for large families.
The most important aspect to look at is the capacity of the air fryer when it comes to finding the best large air fryer.
For a family of four, a 4 or 4.2 quart air fryer should be plenty, but these range in size from 5.8 quart to a staggering 16 quarts.
Each of these air fryers also have their own unique features which may or may not be important to you.
Now, let's take a closer look at each of these air fryers
Paula Deen Family-Sized Air Fryer
- 9.5 QT FAMILY-SIZED AIR FRYER: Paula Deen's largest air fryer yet! Features a single basket design that allows you to cook large enough portions to feed everyone around your dinner table (5-10 people). Basket dimensions, with cooking insert: L:11.75 in. x W:11 in. x H:5 in. Basket dimensions, without cooking insert: L:11.75 in. x W:11 in. x H:6 in.
- VERSATILE COOKING OPTIONS: Use the simple control knobs to set the timer (up to 60 minutes) and the recommended cooking temperature (up to 400ºF) to air fry, bake, roast, or even reheat your food. Plus, this air fryer includes 50 of Paula Deen's famous air fryer recipes to help you create a variety of delicious and healthier meals.
- RAPID AIR CIRCULATION SYSTEM: Powered at 1700 watts, the rapid air circulation system and single basket design allows for larger portions of food to be cooked at faster cooking times. Plus, it doesn't heat up your kitchen or leave oil residue and fumes in your home.
This Paula Deen Family-Sized air fryer is relatively new to the market, and has some features the others just can't match.
First of all, it comes in an array of colors, with one of the guaranteed to be perfect for you.
This is important since family sized air fryers aren't small, and may need to live on your countertop.
It has a simple two knob operation, and lists some common foods and cooking times right on the unit. If you are looking for easy use, this air fryer is a strong contender.
Best of all, it has a ceramic non-stick coating for easy cleaning. It can be easily wiped down or even put in the dishwasher.
You really can't go wrong with this one.
Big Boss Oil-less Air Fryer
- ✅OIL LESS & HEALTHIER CHOICE: Big Boss Oil-Less Air Fryer fry with little to no oil and still keep the deep-fried crispy texture of food; frying bowl and pan combo separates food in the basket from fat and oil dripping down the pan.
- ✅ALL-IN-1 MACHINE: Big Boss Oil-Less Air Fryer is not only an air fryer. With wide temperature range from 180℉ to 400℉, this large air fryer allows you to air fry, bake, grill, roast, toast.
- ✅EVEN & POWERFUL HEATING: Big Boss Oil-Less Air Fryer Circulates super-hot air around food to cook your meals faster thanks to the 1300W powerful built-in fan and 360° air convection system.
The Big Boss gets its name from the fact that it is the biggest boss air fryer around.
As you can see, the nice part about this air fryer is the two rack system, which allows you to cook two different foods at once. This makes sense with an air fryer with such a large capacity.
The only downside to the Big Boss is that the main unit is glass, which may break if you drop it. Because of its design, it is difficult to "shake the basket" which is something many people do when they are using an air fryer to make the food cook evenly.
However, these may be worth it for you if you really want that multi level cooking and 16 quart capacity.
Ultrean Air Fryer, Large Family Size
- Fry Tasty Meals with Less or No Oil: With ULTREAN's 360 degrees rapid air frying technology, you can enjoy splatter-free cooking with up to 80% less fat or oil
- Multifunctional All-In-One Cooker: That fries, roast, grill and can also bake your favorite meals; With a bonus exclusive Ultrean recipe cookbook you'll never run out of ideas to cook for yourself or your family
- Bigger Cooking Capacity, Hassle-Free Cooking: Which means you can prepare healthier less fat/ less grease food for 6-8 persons; With Ultrean easy cooking procedure and 7 cooking presets, you can do more while waiting for your food to be cooked
This air fryer has a 8.5 quart capacity, and easy to read and operate digital display.
Instead of just showing you common cooking times on the unit like some other models, this Ultrean Air Fryer has a number of pre-sets for commonly cooked items.
These presets may work for you, or you may find you prefer different cooking temperatures and times. The presets are easily adjustable to cook your food to your own personal favorite doneness.
The best feature of this air fryer is the unique design of the basket. It has slits in the side to help the air circulate around the food better, which is very important with a large capacity air fryer.
The basket is also dishwasher safe.
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL
- Critically Acclaimed: COSORI Premium Air fryer (Red Dot Award, 2019) features 11 one-touch cooking functions and rapid 360° air circulation to provide crispy results using less oil
- Less Oil: The air fryer uses up to 85% less oil than traditional deep frying methods while maintaining the same delicious taste, making it the perfect Christmas Gift for family members and friends
- Large Capacity: The air fryer's spacious 5.8-quart square baskets can fit a whole 5-pound chicken. The corner spaces provide more cooking footprint and flexibility than round designs. Cook the perfect amount of food for 3–5 people in one go
While this is one of the smaller family air fryers we looked at with a 5.8 quart capacity, it does have a number of notable features.
First of all is the basket, that also has slits on the side like the Ultrean model. You can also purchase an extra basket for this air fryer, which is a nice to have if you are doing a lot of cooking.
Another notable feature is the Shake alarm which lets you know when you should shake your food for the most even cooking.
If that wasn't enough it comes with 11 preset functions, and a keep warm function which is very unique to this model.
Finally, there is also an Amazon Alexa Smart Wifi Connected version:
It does cost a little bit more, but if you love gadgets, the smart COSORI air fryer may be for you.
The only downside is the smaller capacity of 5.8 quarts when compared to the other models we looked at.
GoWISE USA Air Fryer
- Compared with a 5-quart air fryer basket or smaller, GoWISE USA’s newest air fryer comes with an extra-large cooking capacity. The single basket and crisper tray give you 7 quarts of cooking space, the perfect size for feeding; The whole family or to whip up some snacks for a party. Easily cook a whole chicken or 4-5 burgers with a touch of a button without heating up the house.
- Searching for a gift? This air fryer is the perfect gift under the tree for everyone. Get this multifunctional air fryer for the moms on the go, dads who love to cook, grandparents or anyone who wants to be healthier. This air fryer allows you to cook your favorite fried foods with little to no oil and without the mess that comes with deep frying.
- Air fry, grill, and more: This extra-large air fryer is designed with 8 cooking functions, so you can save time and space. Air fry, roast, broil, dehydrate, grill, bake, reheat, or keep warm all in 1 appliance. The large control panel features a full touchscreen menu to make it easy to select a function, set a time and temp, and start cooking with a touch of a button.
This 7 quart air fryer comes with a three tiered rack, to make cooking things like chicken tenders a breeze. Remember, with an air fryer, you really do not want to stack breaded items on top of each other.
This rack solves this problem, and with the large size, you can easily make chicken tenders or chicken cutlets or other breaded items for the whole family in a single batch, instead of being limited to a single layer.
This rack can also be helpful when using the built in dehydrator function.
Besides the black and silver model shown, it also comes in red, and a really unique black and copper finish:
It also has a number of unique accessories like these non-stick liners for easy cleanup.
How to Pick the Best Large Air Fryer
I have been a loyal air fryer user for over two years. When I say loyal, I mean I use my air fryer multiple times a day. From my experience, I know what features are nice to haves and what features really make a difference in the user experience.
Let's take a look at these models one more time:
While you can't go wrong with any of the air fryers on this list, there are a couple that really stand out:
If you are looking for the biggest air fryer that you can get your hands on that is the easiest to use, the Paula Deen Family-Sized air fryer is your best bet. It has a 9.5 quart operation, and a simple two knob operation.
The Ultrean Air Fryer also has a number of advanced features like a digital display and a number of pre-sets. The game changer for this 8.5 quart model is the slits in the side of the basket that make the air circulate better. This translates to lowered cooking times and crispier food.
Finally the GoWISE air fryer has a respectable 7 quart capacity, but also has a few innovative features. The three tiered cooking rack is a game changer for cooking complete meals for your family in an air dryer, and the optional basket liners make clean up a breeze.
When it comes to picking the best air fryer for a large family, all of these models will work well. It comes down to the features and functionally of each, and what is important to you.
Last update on 2021-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API