When it comes to outdoor activities, gardening is one of the most rewarding ones. Whether you are growing your own fruits and vegetables, or growing flowers and plants, any gardener will tell you their favorite activity is hard on their knees.
To help with this we are going to take a look at the best gardening knee pads, some of which may surprise you.
Best Gardening Knee Pads
When it comes to gardening knee pads, there are a couple of thing to think about.
First and foremost is the amount of cushion the knee pad provides, and what type of crushion it is.
Next, is how the knee pad clasps to your legs. Knee pads are important for gardening, but I have noticed behind my knees gets sweaty and irritated after extended use. This is why I have included some options for kneeling pads as well.
Let’s take a look at each of these.
ProJointz Knee Pads
- ✅ INJURY PREVENTION - Statistics show that 60% of knee injuries are a result of wear and tear and could have been prevented by using protective equipment like kneepad.
- ✅ LONG LASTING COMFORT & PROTECTION. We have designed our knee pads with high quality protection and comfort in mind. To help protect your knee caps, and provide shock absorption for other parts of your knee all day long.
- ✅MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We 100% guarantee that you're fully satisfied with your product or return for your money back. Shop with Confidence. Protect yourself Now and click ADD TO CART
These ProJoints Knee pads are filled with gel, and will keep you comfortable on your knees for hours.
They fasten with two velcro straps, and will stay secure all day long.
While these are waterproof for an easy clean, they will take a while to dry due to the fabric component of the straps and pad.
NoCry Knee Pads
- SERIOUS KNEE PROTECTION IN A LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN - Made with ergonomic 0.5 inch thick high-quality EVA foam caps to cushion your knees and protect surfaces from getting scratched, these pads are sturdy enough for real work but light enough you’ll hardly know you’re wearing them.
- SECURE FIT WITHOUT THE PINCH - Contoured to fit around your knees with a flexible and elastic neoprene strap. These pads stay in place comfortably and securely without irritating the backs of your legs.
- EASY TO PUT ON AND TAKE OFF - With simple to adjust hook'n'loop straps, you can quickly slip the pads on or off. No buckles or difficult to manage loop closures.
These knee pads use foam as their cushion, and fasten with a single strap.
While a single strap is a little less secure, it won’t leave you as sweaty and irritated as a double strap will if that is a concern for you.
They are also fully waterproof which makes them easy to clean after kneeling in the garden.
JYSW Knee Pads
- ✿COMFORT&FLEXIBILITY: Soft lining and durable EVA foam padding cushion make your knees work for hours. Elastic and flexible fabric provides supreme comfort during every activity.
- ✿ADJUSTABLE STRAPS AND NON-SLIP DESIGN: Adjustable non-slip easy velcro fastening system gives secure snug and fits for all-day comfort. Quick and easy to put on and take off. Also, the lap area has a non-slip silicone strip, which is not easy to slip.
- ✿WIDELY USED: Knee pads won’t slip, roll, mark or damage the surfaces when working on rooftops, laminate or hardwood flooring, vinyl, concrete or tile flooring, and other slick surfaces during roof or flooring installation projects. Also for dancing, volleyball, basketball, football activities.
These knee pads are made of neoprene and foam. This makes these knee pads the most flexible out of all the options..
However, while you gain flexibility and ease of movement with their sleeve like design, you may also end up being a bit more sweaty behind the knees.
They are easy to clean and dry fast.
Gorrilla Grip Kneeling Pad
- YOU WON’T BELIEVE YOU’VE EVER LIVED WITHOUT THIS KNEELING PAD! Our Gorilla Grip Kneeling Pad Is extra comfortable! Made with ultra thick and durable 1.5” foam, the pad helps to provide support and reduce pain while kneeling so you can stay comfortable. Once you use it, you won’t know how you’ve ever lived without it!
- VERSATILE USES: This kneeling pad is absolutely perfect for everyday tasks! It measures 17.5" x 11" and is 1.5" thick, making it a larger, thicker option. It’s ideal for gardening, yoga and exercise, kneeling outside the tub while giving your kids a bath, sporting events, camping, household chores, painting and more! It’s also lightweight and includes a built-in handle, making it easy to carry from place to place.
- /!\ WARNING: Do not stand on kneeling pad.
This keeling pad is a different approach than the traditional knee pad. It is made of lightweight foam and comes in a whole array of colors.
The benefit of one of these kneeling pads is you don’t need to worry about getting sweaty or irritated behind your keens if you are gardening in hot weather.
SpemOK Kneeling Pad
- Extra Thick Large: Shock absorbing Kneeling Pads with unfolded size 24" x 13.5", thickness 2.4", biggest & thickest in the market
- Comfortable Folding Garden Knee Pads Cushion with Soft Foam for knee support and pressure relief, is great for kneeling around the house or work construction
- Portable & Lightweight: Lightweight Garden Kneeling Pad with Handles, easy to carry around the house and garden
This is another kneeling pad option made of thicker foam. It also folds in half and zips for easy storage, and to help keep the surface you kneel on clean.
It can also double as a starting pad for hard surfaces.
Picking the Best Gardening Knee Pads
When it comes to picking the best knee pads for gardening, you really can’t go wrong with any of these options.
The best knee pads come down to your personal preference in this case, and how susceptible you are to sweating behind your knees while gardening.
Let’s take a look at these options one more time:
If you are looking for the most comfortable knee pad that provides the best support for gardening, the ProJointz Gel Knee Pads are the way to go.
If you want a knee pad with that will irritate you the least behind your knees, then the NoCry Knee Pads are the best option.
Finally, don’t forget to think about a kneeling pad instead of traditional knee pads for gardening.
Other Uses for Gardening Knee Pads
Each and every option for gardening knee pads we have shown you here is easy to clean. This means you can you use your knee pads for more than just gardening.
Here are some other ideas for using your new knee pads:
- Kneeling on the floor to give your kids a bath. This has to be done, and is terrible on our knees!
- Scrubbing Floors. Again, this is inevitable sometimes, and rough on the knees. Be sure to take a look at this guide for steam mops for tile to help make it easier!
- Playing on the floor. Putting together that LEGO set on the floor? Knee pads or a kneeling pad are a huge help, trust me!
As you can see, besides being a huge help for gardening, the best gardening knee pads have many other uses as well. The options here are suited for many different needs and all cost effective. Be sure to let us know your favorite uses for your knee pads in the comments.
Last update on 2020-08-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API