Deciding what Vitamix to buy is a big decision. Today we are going to look at the Vitamix 5200 vs 7500. On the surface, these two Vitamix blenders seem very similar, but there are some important differences.
Let's take a closer look at the Vitamix 5200 and the Vitamix 7500 to help you make you decision easier.
Vitamix 5200 vs 7500
As you can see, there are a number of similarities between the Vitamix 5200 and Vitamix 7500. Before we talk about what sets them apart from each other, let's take a closer look at each model.
- Variable Speed Control: Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you’re in complete control
- Large Batches: The size and shape of the self-cleaning 64-ounce container is ideal for blending medium to large batches. Design Feature : Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- Hot Soup: The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes. Compatibility-Legacy Series
The Vitamix 5200 has a lower price point than the Vitamix 7500. It is one of the older Vitamix models, which helps account for the lower price.
- Variable Speed Control: Ten variable speeds allow you to refine every texture with culinary precision, from the smoothest purées to the heartiest soups
- Pulse Feature: Layer coarse chops over smooth purées for heartier recipes, such as chunky salsas or thick vegetable soups. Electrical Ratings- 120 V, 50/60 Hz, 12 Amps
- Low-Profile 64-ounce Container: Perfect for family meals and entertaining, while fitting comfortably under most kitchen cabinets. Cord: 6 feet. Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
The Vitamix 7500 is more expensive than the Vitamix 5200. It is a newer model than the Vitamix 5200.
Vitamix 5200 vs 7500 - The Differences
When it boils down to it, here are the key differences between the Vitamix 5200 and Vitamix 7500.
- Cost. The Vitamix 5200 is cheaper.
- Power. The Vitamix 7500 is more powerful.
- Weight. The Vitamix 5200 is lighter.
- Pulse Function. The Vitamix 7500 has a pulse function.
- Container. They both have 64 oz containers, but the containers have different form factors.
Understanding The Different Vitamix Containers
Vitamix makes many different containers for their blenders. Today we are going to focus on the 64 oz containers, since those are the ones that come with the Vitamix 5200 and Vitamix 7500.
These containers are something to think about. While you can purchase additional containers for your Vitamix, they are not cheap.
Vitamix 5200 - Classic 64 Ounce Container (Tall and Narrow)
The 64 oz container that comes with the Vitamix 5200 is tall and narrow.
It is 13.5 inches tall. This is important to think about when it comes to storage for your Vitamix and its container.
Vitamix 7500 - Low Profile 64 Ounce Container (Wide)
The 64 oz container the comes with the Vitamix 7500 is shorter and wider than the classic container.
The 10 inch tall container is called the low profile continuer. It is much easier to scrape things like thick soups and smoothies out of the wider container than the narrower one.
Why This Matters
Generally, for the best blending experience, you want to cover the blades when you use your Vitamix.
Since the low profile contianer is wider, it takes more food to cover the blades.
This is something to keep in mind if you anticipate making very small batches of things, say less than two cups.
Vitamix 5200 vs 7500: The Final Decision
Personally, I decided on the Vitamix 7500 for the following reasons:
- Stronger motor. While .2 HP does not seem like a lot, one of the main reasons I purchased my Vitamix when I did was to make my own rice milk. If you have ever experienced rice milk, it is not the best. I wanted the stronger motor to make sure it was as smooth as possible and not gritty.
- Pulse Button. While you can kind of fake the pulse button by turning the Vitamix on and off with the 5200, the pulse button on the 7500 feels "springy" and is very easy to pulse for very short or long time periods.
All and all, neither of these is a really big deal. You can sort of fake the pulse on the 5200 using the on/off switch, and any Vitamix will blend things better than any blender you have ever owned before.
For me, I absolutely love to cook and I had wanted a Vitamix for a very long time. I used this logic to justify the additional spend on the Vitamix 7500.
If you don't care about the motor or pulse button, and are looking to save a little money, you won't go wrong with the Vitamix 5200 either.
Essential Vitamix Accessories
No matter which Vitamix you purchase, there are some essential accessories you should know about.
Another Vitamix contianer is always nice to have on hand. The 32oz Vitamix Container is great for when you don't want to make a large amount of something, especially for making things like salad dressings or marinades.
You may also want to pick up the 32oz Vitamix Container Tamper if you plan on making smoothies or juices in the 32ox container.
These Vitamix Spatulas are super handy for scraping out your container. If you notice, the corners of the containers are very sharp, and it takes some getting used to working with them. These will help.
The Vitamix Blade Scraper is great for getting underneath the blades in the contianer. Remember, with a Vitamix the blades and the contianer is one unit, and the blades cannot be removed.
Vitamix 5200 vs 7500 - You Decide the Winner!
When it comes down to it, it is up to you to decide who is the winner in the Vitamix 5200 vs 7500 battle.
Let's take a look at them again one more time:
When it comes down to it, either Vitamix will serve you well.
The Vitamix 5200 is less expensive, weighs less, and comes with a tall continuer. It also does not have a pulse button.
The Vitamix 7500 is a bit more expensive, come with a wider and lower contianer, and has a pulse button along with a slightly higher powered motor.
Remember, when it comes to a Vitamix, there is never wrong choice!
Last update on 2022-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Leave a Reply