Measuring humidity in your home is an important thing to do, especially if you have young asthma, allergies, dry skin, or a number of other conditions. It is also very important to measure the humidity in your home if you have small children. We are going to take a look at the best indoor humidity monitors for a number of situations.
Best Indoor Humidity Monitor
There are several things to think about when deciding which indoor humidity monitor is best for you.
Two of the most important are where you want to monitor the humidity, and how you want to monitor your humidity.
AcuRite 00613 Indoor Thermometer & Hygrometer with Humidity Gauge
- Indoor relative humidity
- Indoor temperature, including daily high and low information
- Simple easy-to-read display
It also keeps track of the high and low humidity over a 24 hour period, so you can get a handle on any humidity fluctuations you may be dealing with.
ThermoPro TP-60S Digital Hygrometer
- 【Informational】Weather stations wireless indoor outdoor records all time/24 hours MAX & MIN temperature and humidity readings; Wireless thermometer indoor outdoor with temperature trend arrows indicate whether it’s getting warmer or colder near the remote temperature monitor
- 【Smart Design】Inside outside thermometer hydrometer measures indoor outdoor temperature and humidity percentages simultaneously; Temperature and humidity monitor can display the readings from up to 3 temperature sensors to monitor different locations【Additional sensor can be ordered (ASIN B072BY1M2V/ B07M6SCWZR/ B07RDPYK1K)】
- 【Hands-Free Monitoring】Wireless thermometer outdoor with strong signal penetration humidity sensors to get the temperature and humidity records from 200ft/60m remote range away; Tabletop or wall-mountable design; Powered by AAA battery (included)
This model allows you to also view the humidity in a room, but has an added feature of a remote sensor.
This means you can put the sensor in your child’s room for example, and view it remotely. It is also a good choice for other areas you may not plan on entering on a regular basis but want to monitor, like storage closets.
This base unit can connect to up to 3 remote sensors, to monitor multiple areas. It also shows the high and low humidity and temperature over a 24 hour period.
The base unit will also measure the temperature and humidity of wherever it is placed.
Eve Degree – Connected Weather Station
- Track outdoor temperature, humidity, and air pressure
- See temperature or humidity directly on the LCD display
- View your data by day, month or year
This weather station boasts a very special feature, it is Apple HomeKit compatible for easy monitoring by your Apple device.
Like the other devices we evaluated, this sensor measures temperature and humidity. As a bonus, it also can measure air pressure.
The only downside of this unit is that it cannot display temperature and humidity at the same time if that feature is important for you.
Govee Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer
- Wireless App Control: Easily monitor temperature and humidity data on Govee Home App (free downloading from App Store and Google Play) via Bluetooth. Up to 328ft connecting distance (no obstacles) enables you to monitor temp and humidity remotely. [Not WiFi Version]
- Higher Accurate Monitor: With built-in Swiss-made SHT30 sensor, it offers higher precision monitoring than other brands. Temp is accurate within ±0.36℉ and humidity is ±2%RH. (Calibration is supported)
- Data Storage Export: 20 days on-board and unlimited in-App storage. Temperature sensor uploads data to App when connecting to APP via Bluetooth. Alert will be sent to App when data is beyond preset range. Available to export data in CSV format for free after registered account.
This unit is able to be monitored by your Apple or Android phone. It does not display any information, which makes it the perfect choice for hard to reach areas, or rooms you don’t want to monitor the temperature from directly, like children’s rooms.
It can also be left outside, placed somewhere or hung from the hole in the top corner. This particular model is powered by Bluetooth, and has a battery life of about a year.
The only downside of this is you must be within 328 feet of the sensor to connect it since it does use the Bluetooth protocol.
If you prefer a model that can connect to your wireless network directly, Govee has another version that can do this:
- Wireless Temp Monitor: When humidity monitor connects with 2.4GHz WiFi network, you can remotely monitor temperature and humidity through your phone. Alert will be sent to "Govee Home" App when any change happens.
- Indoor Outdoor Thermometer: Up to 328ft connecting distance between gateway and sensor (no obstacles) enables you to monitor temp and humidity remotely. Record thermometer and hygrometer data all around house.
- Powerful Data Storage: Temperature humidity monitor could record 2-years data pieces. Press "Export data" button on "Govee Home" APP, data of different periods will be sent to your mail in CSV format. Easy to operate.
Govee Thermometer Hygrometer with Display
- Hassle-free LCD Display: It offers real-time temperature/humidity readings and max/min records on LCD screen. 3-level comfort indicators-DRY/COMFORT/WET keep you aware of home situation with just a glance.
- High Accuracy: Built-in Swiss-made SHT30 sensor, it provides high precise monitoring. The temperature is accurate to ±0.5°F while humidity is ±3%RH. Up to 2s responsive speed always shows you the latest readings.
- Up to 260ft Remote Range: Bluetooth-enabled feature allows you to remotely monitor temperature/humidity on Govee Home app within 80m/260ft/3149 inch (no obstacles).
If you really like the idea of the Govee thermometer, but are bothered by the lack of display, it does also come in this form.
The late and easy to read display shows both humidity and temperature over a 24 hour period, like most of the other models reviewed.
Finding the Best Indoor Humidity Monitor
When it comes to picking the best indoor humidity monitor, the most important things to think about are where you are going to place it, and how you want to access your humidity data.
If you’re just looking for something where you can walk into any room and see the humidity, the AcuRite is the best option.
If you need to keep an eye on a couple of humidity levels in your home, the ThermoPro TP-60S Digital Hygrometer is a great option since you can scroll through the sensors in the base station.
Now, if you are looking to be a bit more advanced, the Eve Degree can’t be beat with its Apple Home Kit integration.
If Home Kit is not a requirement, the Govee models Govee Thermometer Hygrometer, Accurate Indoor Temperature Humidity Sensor with Notification Alert,... and Govee Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, Mini Bluetooth Humidity and Temperature Sensor with Data... display can help you monitor the humidity in those hard to view places.
What is the Range for Good Indoor Humidity?
When it comes to good indoor humidity, you are looking for a range of 30 to 60% according to HGTV.
It is importaint to get in indoor humidity monitor to take a look at this, since your indoor humidity may change range based on a number of factors.
When it is cold out in seasons like fall in and winter, humidity naturally drops. This does not help when you are running heat, which will further dry things out.
When it is hot out in seasons like spring and summer, humidity naturally rises. Think of those days with a high humidity and how much hotter it feels.
Humidity is a big factor in how the temperature feels too. This is why 60 degrees in the spring may have you wearing short and flip flops, and 60 degrees in the fall may have you reaching for a sweater.
Why Indoor Humidity Is Important
If the humidity in your home is not right, you can have all sorts of problems.
As something with allergies and asthma, I have noticed that if the humidity is too low my nose dries out and bleeds, and if the humidity is too high I often have trouble breathing.
Low humidity will also wreak havoc on your skin and cause it to be dryer than it should, which is especially a problem in those cold winter months.
Besides your body, your home also cares about the humidity. If things are too humid, things may feel damp and smell. This is especially concerning in areas you use for storage.
If you have hardwood floors, they do not like things being too humid or too dry, or they will begin to warp.
All in all, keeping track of the humidity in your home is very important for staying comfortable in your surroundings, and this guide is all you need to find the best indoor humidity monitor.
Last update on 2020-04-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API