An air purifier is an essential investment if you suffer from allergies or asthma, or even just like breathing air! There are lots of things in the air we breathe that can cause irritation in the airways, even if you don’t have allergies.
Still not sure if you want one? Be sure to learn all about the Benefits of Air Purifiers!
If you are just starting to look at air purifiers, there are many options out there, some of which are very expensive. The truth is you can breathe clean air at a very reasonable price point. Today, we are going to take a look at the five best air purifiers under 100, each with their own unique features.
Best Air Purifier Under 100
Looking for something a bit less expensive? Be sure to take a look at the Best Inexpensive Air Purifiers.
There are many, many air filters on the market today, many of which have unique features. There are a number of important things to think about when picking the best air purifier to suit your needs like:
- Filter type
- Size of room you will use it in
- Other features like WiFi connectivity and a UV light to kill germs
Now, let’s take a look at the best options.
TENDOMI WiFi Smart Air Purifier
- SMART PURIFICATION: Use the smartphone to control your air purifier anytime and anywhere, enjoy the real-time status updates; support multiple device control and share device with family. 1-12 hours timer and 24 hours schedules, keep your air purify machine on control at the present time. Voice control using Alexa and Google Home to turn off/on. Fresh Air, Smart Life!
- POWERFUL DUAL FAN DESIGN & TRUE HEPA: The industry-leading of dual-fan technology and true HEPA significantly improves the air volume and air transport efficiency. Clean air delivery is higher and faster than other air purifiers. Tendomi air purifier is powerful enough to clean your room's air, Give your lungs healthy breath!
- ULTRA-QUIET SLEEP&GENTLE NIGHT LIGHT: With sleep mode running at the lowest fan speed with the noise level of 25dB, enjoy easier breath and restful sleep. The night light features 5 colors and a cycle mode to satisfy your various need, lights on or off depending on your mood. It is a perfect sleep solution. 100% ZERO DISTURBANCE AND SLEEP-FRIENDLY.
By far, the coolest feature of the TENDOMI unit is the WiFi functionality. Besides using the app to set a schedule for your air purifier, you can also turn it on and off remotely.
It also features a HEPA filter, and is very quiet during operation, a must if you are a light sleeper and plan on placing this air purifier in your bedroom.
Of course, it is also Amazon Alexa compatible! Just ask Alexa to turn it on before you head to bed!
Germ Guardian Air Purifier
- 3 IN 1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97percentage of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS UV C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS Pre filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
Hands down, my favorite feature of the Germ Guardia air purifier is the UV light. Besides the HEPA filter, it will also kill germs!
This is a must have during cold season, especially if you have children. The UV light will target not only germs, viruses, and bacteria, but mold too.
It can purify from 86-214 square feet.
hOmeLabs Air Purifier
- REMOVES 99.97% OF MICROSCOPIC PARTICLES- Our air purifier utilizes a True HEPA H13 filter guaranteed to capture particles as small as 0.1 microns in size (really tiny).
- 3-STAGE FILTRATION - Includes a pre-filter, HEPA and activated carbon filter to effectively remove the smallest particles in the air. Each filter lasts up to 2100 hours. IMPORTANT: The included filter (located INSIDE the air purifier) ships with a protective plastic sleeve. Please REMOVE PLASTIC SLEEVE from filter BEFORE use.
- COMPACTLY ENGINEERED FOR ROOMS UP TO 194 SQ FT - Taking things out of the air shouldn't mean taking up space. While only 12.8 inches in height and 7.87 inches in diameter this machine still is rated to clear air in rooms up to 194 square feet.
This hOmeLabs air purifier takes things to the next level, with three stages of air purification. A pre filter catches larger particles before they can even get to the HEPA filter.
Then, air passes through an activated charcoal filter to help further remove odors.
It also has a built in LED night light available for use, with different intensity settings, including one that turns it off completely.
The hOmeLabs air purifier can purify 161 square feet.
LEVOIT Core 300 Air Purifier
- Higher Purify Performance: Use the Core 300 to fill your environment with crisp, clean air. Its Vortexair Technology creates a stronger air flow, CADR number is 230+m3/h, allowing it to cover up to 215 sq. ft. AC 120V/60HZ for USA and Canada
- Improved Filtration: With larger expansion area and longer length than others, the HEPA filter works with ultra-fine Pre-filter and activated carbon filter, trapping 99. 97% of fine particles as small as 0. 3 microns and large pollutants such as pollen, dust, pet dander, smoke
- Most Silent Air Cleaner: The noise level is nearly voiceless at sleep mode with only 24db, its QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise so you can sleep in a restful and soothing indoor environment
This LEVOIT air purifier also has a three stage filtration system. It will refresh the air five times every hour, and has three available fan speeds.
This is worth mentioning because most other air purifiers only refresh the air 2-3 times per hour.
If you are particularly sensitive to contamination in the air, this is a very important factor, and will make things like allergy season much easier to deal with!
This air purifier is also ultra quiet and does not produce light, and purifies 215 square feet.
LEVOIT Air Purifier with Night Light
- Designed in California. The UVC Light and Anion that other Brands adopt to purify air could produce a kind of air pollutant-Ozone, which is especially harmful for the children and Asthma sufferers. Levoit air purifiers never use these for 100% Ozone free
- Advanced 3-Stage Filtration System: The Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, mold, odor and large dust particles, in addition to removing 99. 97% of airborne contaminants as small as 0. 3 microns
- Ultra-Silent Operation: Filters the air with the lowest noise level as quiet as 25dB for a restful and soothing indoor environment, helping you sleep deeply
This is a slightly older model of LEVOIT air purifier with one big difference – the night light capability. If you need a night light, this is the LEVOIT model to go for, and is slightly more cost effective than the one without the night light.
It is also important to note that this model circulates air four times an hour versus the five times an our of its newer counterpart.
Picking the Best Air Purifier Under 100
There are a number of important considerations when picking the best air purifier under 100 dollars. Before we talk about which is best for each use case, let’s take a look at the options again:
While these are all great options, there are a couple of features that stand out.
The WiFi capabilities of the TENDOMI air purifier make it the must have for the technology inclined.
If you are worried about germs, then the best choice for you is clearly the Germ Guardian with the UV light that kills germs, viruses, bacteria, and mold.
The other standout choice is the LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair Smokers in Bedroom, True HEPA Filter, 24db... air purifier that has the ability to refresh the air a whopping five times an hour. If you are an allergy suffer like me, this will be the game changer during allergy season.
Any of these five choices are excellent when it comes to finding the best air purifier under 100 dollars.
Last update on 2020-04-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API