Lately, I have been cooking with oranges quite a bit. From salad dressings, to marinades, to crepes suzette, I've been using a lot of fresh orange juice. Beyond oranges, I also use a lot of lemon and lime juice.
A couple years ago, I decided to find the best juicer for oranges to save my hands from squeezing fruit!
Best Juicer for Oranges
When it comes to picking the best juicer for oranges and other citrus fruits, there are a couple of things to think about.
First of all, how often will you be using it?
Next, where will you be storing it?
Finally, what are the features that are most important to you?
There are so many different types of citrus juicers out there, I have put together this guide to make sure there is something for everyone, no matter how often you cook with citrus.
Now, let's take a look at some of the best juices for citrus fruit, including oranges!
Types of Orange Juciers
Cuisinart Electric Citrus Juicer
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: Our sleek brushed stainless steel Pulp Control Citrus Juicer gets out more juice more efficiently
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: Adjustable reamer with 3 pulp control settings-low, medium, high with auto-reversing universal juicer cone for more efficient juicing
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Final-Spin feature extracts more juice from pulp and protects against dust including an extra-long snap-up spout that accommodates more glasses and prevents drippings
I purchased this juicer a couple of years ago, and have not been disappointed. It remains on top of my counter, and blends in with my appliances since it has a stainless steel finish.
It also has a forward and reverse function to really squeeze all the juice out of your citrus fruits.
The built in mesh strainer is adjustable. It catches all of the citrus seeds and lets you decide how much pulp you would like in your juice.
See that nice clear plastic piece? If you hold that down, your juicer will spin at a very fast speed to make sure it separates all of the juice from the pulp.
Pohl+Schmitt Citrus Juicer
- Why the Pohl+Schmitt Electric Citrus Juicer? - Its unique and functional design is useful and practical. Everything you need in a compact easy to clean design. Making juice with your favorite citrus fruits has never been easier, or faster. Our 40% more powerful motor, dual purpose cones (small and big for different sizes of fruit), large 34oz juice container which is based on non-slip feet and protective cover are what make the Pohl+Schmitt Deco-Line Citrus Juicer the only juicer you need!
- Large Capacity And Removable Juice Container - Large 34oz (1L) transparent juice container with handle and measure markings makes juicing for recipes easy, its sleek and modern stainless-steel design and auto-reversing juicing cones provide maximum juice extraction. The fixed filter helps you control the amount of pulp allowing you to decide the perfect mix. You can dispose of the pulp or use it in other healthy recipes.
- Health And Diet Conscious - Put a little bit of magic in your day with the Pohl+Schmitt Citrus Juicer. Citrus juices are a very good source of vitamins & minerals. They give you the energy to keep going all day long. They help improve blood circulation and get vitamin C. Getting the right citrus juicer will keep all the nutrients intact and reduce the chances of oxidation for up to 72 hours.
This is very similar to the Cuisinart model with one important difference. With the Pohl+Schmitt juicer, the juice goes right into the contianer.
With the Cuisinart model, you will need to place a bowl or another contianer on the counter to catch your juice.
While this is not a big deal, the juice container is very convenient if you are making a large amount of juice. It holds up to 32 ounces, and has measuring marks right on the container.
This makes it a great candidate if you need a specific amount of juice for a recipe.
It also comes with two juice cones to accommodate different types of fruits.
Zulay Professional Citrus Juicer
- SQUEEZE OUT EVERY DROP OF JUICE: Our lemon squeezer won’t waste even a single drop from your favorite fruit and will also leave the seeds and pulp behind! The 5-inch diameter of the citrus press bowl makes it suitable for various types and sizes of fruit. Watch the juicy goodness of limes, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, apples, pineapples, pomegranates, and other citrus fruits come straight out of the citrus squeezer, ready to add flavor to your meals or drinks.
- SAVE TIME AND EFFORT: Our citrus juicer makes juicing easy-peasy lemon squeezy. The comfortable grip handle allows you to squeeze all the juice from lemons, limes, or oranges in seconds for making delicious recipes like guacamole, lemonade, cocktails, and more. Unlike bulky electric juicers, you no longer have to worry about electricity or replacing batteries with this manual citrus press.
- STURDY AND DURABLE MATERIAL: This manual juicer is made of heavy-duty cast iron that can easily withstand the pressure from continuous pressing for years to come. The leverage mechanism allows a one-time easy pull to get all the juice out. Our citrus press is designed with a heavy rubberized base to firmly keep it in place without the fear of falling, tipping, or sliding off the counter. This hand juicer is great for both professional and at-home use.
If you make a lot of fresh orange juice or lemonade, this professional grade citrus juicer is definitely worth a look.
It squeezes all of the juice out of your citrus with one quick motion, and can help you get many oranges juiced fast.
Besides black, it also comes in red, and is purely mechanical, and does not require electricity to operate.
The downside to this model is that it is large, which can make storage difficult.
Drizom Manual Citrus Juicer
- 【Premium Quality】Lemon Squeezer Citrus Juicer Manual Space Saving Kitchen Tools is made of food grade ABS material, BPA-Free and food grade stainless, Anti-Slip Non-Marking Silicone Base, to make sure that can be lasted for a long time.
- 【Multifunctional】Our citrus hand juicer has a brand new Flip-Top design for space saving storage, which can be an egg yolk separator. Orange/Lemon/Lime Juice Squeezer .The garlic grater is not only suitable for garlic but also perfect for potato and ginger.
- 【Multi-size Reamers】12-tooth reamer is designed to extract maximum juice, fully squeezing every lemon or lime, while 3-claw large reamer apply to extract orange and other bigger fruits.
This is another great manual option, that once again comes with a built in contianer to measure the amount of juice you need.
If you're juicing citrus for a recipe once in a while, this is a great candidate.
As a bonus, it also has a built in greater if you plan on zesting you're citrus.
Leaderware Manual Orange Citrus Hand Juicer
No products found.
In my opinion, this is something everyone should own. It is cost effective, and perfect for when you just need a little bit of juice for something.
I use this just about every day to squeeze half a lemon over a salad to make salad dressing.
While the electric juicers and manual juicer with a built in cup are nice, I prefer this for smaller amounts of citrus since it is so easy to clean. I just put it right in the top rack of the dishwasher, slightly opened.
While it is orange colored, and has a large juicing area, you can juice lemon and limes with it with no problem.
Picking the Best Juicer for Oranges
Let's take another look at our options for juicing oranges and other citrus fruits one more time:
If you are a serious citrus juicer, and use a lot of fresh citrus for cooking, an electric juicer is a must. Trust me, your hands will thank you!
I have this Cuisinart CCJ-500 electric Juicer, and love it. I simply place a bowl or measuring cup at the spout to collect my juice.
Another similar option is the Pohl+Schmitt electric juicer, which features a built in juice collecting cup with measurements integrated. Some people may prefer this.
If you are making large quantities of thinks like orange juice, lemonade or limeade on a regular basis, this Zulay professional citrus juicer is something you should strongly consider.
If you find yourself juicing for a recipe occasionally, this Drizom Manual Citrus Juicer is perfect with its built in measuring cup and zester. It really is the best hand juicer for oranges!
Finally, this easy to use and simple No products found. is perfect for every day use, when you just need a little bit of lemon, lime, or orange for a dressing, marinade, or recipe.
Types of Citrus Juicers
Still not sure what is best for you? Let's take a look at the different types of orange juicers out there.
Manual Citrus Juicer
Manual means you are doing the juicing work yourself! Manual juicers require you to press or squeeze the citrus to release the juice.
These are best for smaller qualities of citrus juice.
Hand Held Citrus Juicer
The best hand held citrus juicers are a type of manual citrus juicer. They require you to squeeze the suit inside it to release the juice!No products found.
They are super simple, but again, best for smaller qualities. They are easier to use than a manual citrus juicer I find though.
Electric Citrus Juicer
If you love your citrus juice, consider investing in an electric citrus juicer. You will still need to put a bit of pressure on the citrus to juice it.
The spinning juicer that is powered will do all of the hard work for you though!
Tips for Juicing Citrus
I cook with a lot of citrus, and I have picked up a number of tips along the way.
- Make slits in the sides of lemon or lime halves to juice them more easily, especially on a juicer that is larger and designed for larger citrus. You don't need dedicated juicers for each type of citrus!
- If you end up with seeds in your juice, just dig them out with a fork! No fancy strainers or extra pouring is really needed.
- You can throw down a quarter of a juiced citrus skin down your kitchen garbage disposal to clean it and make it smell nice and fresh.
- It is MUCH easier to zest whole citrus fruit. Remember, zest, then juice! I made this mistake the other night and it was not fun trying to zest a juiced half of an orange!
No matter how often you cook with oranges, this guide as the best juicer for oranges to fit your needs. Remember, you can juice any type of citrus with any of these juicers, not just oranges!
Last update on 2022-08-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API