Boxes of flour, half used bags of pasta, beans, and other dry goods. Scattered throughout the kitchen. Trying to measure out mixes and flours out of flimsy bags only to have the flour end up all over. If you have ever accidentally dropped a half used bag of something dry, or simply had the bag break on you, you know what I am talking about. The best dry food storage containers are something you don’t even realize you need – until you do.
Best Dry Food Storage Containers
When it comes to picking the best dry food storage containers, there are a couple of things to think about.
First of all, consider the size of storage containers you would like. Many of these options also come in different sizes, and can be purchased individually besides in the sets shown here.
Next, think about where the containers will be stored. If they are on a shelf in plain view of your kitchen, you may want to pick something that will fit well with your kitchen aesthetic.
Finally, since these containers are reusable, the tops are very important. You want a good strong top that won’t loosen over time or break. You won’t find any flimsy tops in any of these storage container sets!
Looking to freeze stuff? Don’t miss our guide to the best containers for freezing!
Now, let’s take a look at these storage containers for dry food.
- Set includes: one 2.1-qt Container, one 1.5-qt Container, two 0.9-qt Containers, and one 0.3-qt Container
- 5 Piece Value Set provides a savings of $9.96/16.61%
- These airtight, space-saving storage containers keep your dry foods fresh and your pantry organized
I’m not going to lie, these OXO Good Grips dry food storage containers may be my favorite out there. The seal on this top is like nothing else I have ever seen before, which make them especially good storage containers for flour.
In addition to the white plastic tops shown here, they also come with a steel top like this:
If you have stainless appliances and plan on storing your containers out in the open or on top of your refrigerator, the steel top can be a nice option.
All of the OXO Good Grips containers come in a number of sizes so you can store anything you need to.
- Rubbermaid Modular Food Storage Containers can hold pasta, baking ingredients, or other pantry staples; save space and keep pantry organized
- Great for pet food; easy to clean and scoop food from, and tight lids keep out moisture and humidity
- Lids snap tight to help keep food fresh
This is another fantastic and sturdy option. They are completely dishwasher safe, and clamp shut very securely.
One huge benefit of these dry food storage containers is that the top is also clear. That means if you are going to store lots of little containers in a drawer for spices, it is very easy to see what is in each container.
Rubbermaid Brilliance has some of the widest variety of different shapes and sizes of the containers reviewed here. You are sure to find the components you need with this set.
- ✮ BUILD TO LAST - We have taken meticulous care to ensure that the containers you receive will last for years to come. Unlike most sellers on Amazon which have lids that easily break with use, our containers come with New and Improved Lids which are made up of High Impact Resistant and Durable ABS Plastic which means you don’t need to worry about the Lids breaking. Additionally the Lid-Lock Mechanism ensures maximum freshness and prolonged food storage.by creating 100% airtightness.
- ✮ BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK - We provide a higher TOTAL STORING CAPACITY unlike most others on Amazon. Includes 1 Large Container (8.0 cups /1.9 liters), 2 Medium Containers (5.1 cups /1.2 liters), 2 Small Containers (3.4 cups /0.8 liter), 2 Mini Containers (2.1 cups /0.5 liters). These air tight containers come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes for all your storage needs.
- ✮ SUPERIOR BUNDLE - Your Complete Bundle comes with 7 BPA-FREE Premium Food-Storage Canisters, a Chalkboard Marker & BONUS Reusable Chalkboard Labels allowing You to organize your pantry like never before. This set comes in a beautiful box which makes it an IDEAL GIFT for any family. Nobody else in the market provides more Value to YOU than us
These are a great storage contianer for dry goods that comes with an extra fun feature of chalkboard labels. These labels make it easy when you are storing things that look similar, like different types of flours and cereals.
They are also klutz proof with their impact resistant locking lid.
They come in several additional shapes and sizes to add on to this set, and are BPA free.
- VARIETY OF SIZES - These Airtight Containers Come In A Variety Of Sizes, For All Your Kitchen & Pantry Dry-Storage Needs Includes 1 Large Container (7.2 Cups /1.7 Liters), 2 Medium Containers (4.2 Cups /1 Liter), 2 Small Containers (1.4 Cups /0.38 Liter), Great For Storing Flour, Sugar, Cereal, Crackers, Chips, Snacks, Pasta, Rice, Grain, Nuts, Beans, Coffee And Tea!
- EASY TO IDENTIFY CONTENTS - Our Dried Food Storage Five Piece Set Is Made of Upgraded Clear Plastic Material, The Plastic of These Containers Is Very Crystal, So There Is No Need to Write Labels. You Can See What Is in The Pantry with Just A Glance. This Durable Plastic Will Never Alter Taste, is 100% BPA-Free, And Treats You to Hassle-Free Maintenance!
- ENJOY YOUR MEAL WITH FRESH FOOD: Keep Your Foods Fresh with Our Very Easy to Use Airtight Lid-Lock Mechanism. No Dealing with Flimsy Pumps. Our Food Storage Containers Create an Airtight Seal by Simply Pushing Down the Ring on The Lid. Lift the Ring and Push Up Whenever You Want to Open the Containers. The Airtight Seal Is So Secure You Can Store Liquids Without Ever Worrying About Leaks!
These containers are also available in a wide variety of sizes, and feature a black air tight lid. While the thing at the top of the lid may look like a handle, it is part of the air tight sealing mechanism.
Here are just a few more of the shapes and sizes these great containers come in:
You can’t go wrong with these containers.
- These canisters offer extensive storage for rice, cereal, pasta and any boxed pantry items to preserve freshness and minimize clutter
- Glass is a healthier alternative over plastic storage; does not discolor or leach chemicals into the food
- Offering twist on and off covers
This is the only container set in our list that does not have add on options, but is still worth mentioning.
These dry food storage containers are the most stylish out there, and come in a teal, red, and silver finish. They are perfect to blend in in the silver finish or provide a modern look, or give your kitchen a pop of color with red or teal.
Their unique color and appearance makes them a great candidate if you are storing them in plain sight.
The tops twist on and off, and the only downside to these is that they are not dishwasher safe.
Picking the Best Dry Food Storage Containers
There are so many options out there for dry food storage containers, but these are the five best sets out there:
The choices really come down to aesthetic, personal preference, and the amount of add on containers available.
Uses for Dry Food Storage Containers
Here are some of my favorite uses for dry food storage containers.
- Dry Pasta. Many times I don’t make a whole package, and a storage contianer keeps it fresh.
- Rice. My favorite rice comes in a bag, which can sometimes be a pain to pour. Storing it in a contianer allows me to scoop out whatever amount I need.
- Strong Spices. I often store strong spices in small bags, then put all of the bags into a large storage container.
- Specialized Flours. I use many different types of gluten free flours, which come in boxes and bags. Putting them in a storage container just makes them so much easier to work with.
- Cereal. I am terrible at opening boxes and bags of cereal without destroying the packaging, so I just dump the box into a storage container after I open it.
These are just a couple of different ways I use the best dry food storage containers. Be sure to let us know your favorite things to do with these containers in the comments!
Last update on 2020-07-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API