Cereal containers are one of those things you don’t realize you need, until you do. Even if cereal comes in a box, I am personally a mess when it comes to opening the bag inside and I always end up with wasted cereal in the box. Buying cereal in bags can also be more cost effective than many boxes, but the bags have a tendency to rip or to get crushed. Today we are going to take a look at the best cereal containers.
Best Cereal Containers
There are a couple of things to think about when you are looking for the best cereal storage containers. First of all, how many containers do you need? Are you just looking for one container, or several?
Do you want your container to match any other dry food storage containers you are already using?
Perhaps the most important thing to look at is the capacity of the cereal container. I noticed that every cereal container I looked at used a different measurement! So you will see in the above table, I just translated everything to cups, since that is a unit that is easy to think about.
Rubbermaid Cereal Keeper
- 1.5 Gallon cereal container for bulk foods
- Bases and lids are BPA free
- Superior seal on lid keeps food fresh for optimal period of time
I bought one of these Rubbermaid Cereal Keepers a while ago, since I kept ripping cereal bags. I have not had any problems with it, and it is dishwasher safe.
I should also mention I only needed on cereal contianer, not a set. That’s why this single option may be good for others as well.
The plastic is very strong, and not flimsy at all. I really don’t have anything bad to say about this storage container, except the red top may not match anything else in your kitchen.
Rubbermaid Brilliance Cereal Container
- Rubbermaid Modular Food Storage Containers can hold pasta, baking ingredients, or other pantry staples; save space and keep pantry organized
- Great for pet food; easy to clean and scoop food from, and tight lids keep out moisture and humidity
- Lids snap tight to help keep food fresh
Also by Rubbermaid, this Brilliance Cereal Container has a lid that clamps very tightly. If you are using other Rubbermaid Brilliance containers for dry food storage, you may want to consider this.
The only downside to this is that it does not have a spout. If you plan on scooping cereal out of the contianer to measure out serving sizes, it is not a bad thing.
However, because it lacks a spout, it can be hard for children (or even adults!) to pour without making a mess.
OXO Good Grips POP Large Cereal Container
- Airtight seal with a single press
- Two silicone seals keep cereal, granola and snacks fresh
- Contoured container is comfortable to hold, even when Dispenser is full
The OXO Good Grips POP containers are some of my favorite. These containers come in two different versions for cereal:
FineDine Extra Large Cereal Containers
- 4 SNAP LOCKING LIDS – The lids snap close, creating an airtight, spill-proof seal. Keep cereals, baking and pet / cat / dog food products fresh and mites free. Wide, easy to open, pouring spouts enable you to gracefully pour cereal into a bowl, while keeping it neat and mess free. The tabs lock after use.
- BPA FREE POLYPROPYLENE - The container is crafted of BPA free, non-toxic polypropylene, that won’t leach toxins into your food. Transparent, you can always know what’s inside and how much is still there.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Perfectly sized indentions allow for easy gripping and pouring for people of all ages and hands of all sizes. Slim design will grant your pantry a uniform, tidy appearance.
If you are looking for large capacity cereal containers, and more than one of them, these FineDine Extra Large Cereal Containers may be for you.
The 21 cup capacity will hold almost any bulk bag of cereal you purchase. The lid clamps down in four places, and it has a spout for easy pouring. They are also very cost effective.
Chef’s Path Cereal Container Storage Set
- ✮ SUPERIOR BUNDLE - Your complete cereal container bundle comes with 4 premium bpa-free food-storage canisters (9.6 x 9.3 x 3.9 inches), 4pc measuring spoon set, a chalkboard marker & 8 bonus reusable chalkboard Labels allowing you to organize your pantry like never before
- ✮ KEEP THE CRUNCHINESS ALIVE - Imagine waking up every morning and having your favourite cereal with the same original taste each day, the 4 sided-locking lids with silicone seal ensure that no air or water enters in, keeping your cereal super fresh and dry
- ✮ VERSATILE CONTAINERS - MANY GREAT USES: These air-tight food-safe plastic containers are not only ideal for storing cereals but they are also perfect for storing flour, brown sugar, rice, grains, pasta, coffee and even pet food
This Chef’s Path Cereal Container set comes with a whopping four containers, which is perfect if everyone in your house likes a different type of cereal!
They also come with labels and a chalkboard marker, so each container can be labeled with what is inside, or the person’s name who it belongs to!
These containers are also dishwasher safe, and also have a silicone seal on both the lid and the spout to make sure your cereal stays fresh.
Picking the Best Cereal Container
Let’s take a look at all of our options for cereal storage one more time:
That doesn’t mean the others aren’t great! If you need more than one in pack, don’t forget our favorite the OXO Good Grips POP comes in a three pack. The FineDine comes in a two pack, and theChef's Path container set comes in a four pack.with chalkboard labels.
It really comes down to which cereal container is best for what you need.
Other Uses for Cereal Containers
These containers are useful for way more than just cereal!
These storage containers are great for any food you may want to pour. Think things like rice, beans, and flours you may want to buy in bulk.
They are also great for pet food!
The best cereal storage contianer can store much more than cereal. Which one you pick will likely depend on a number of factors which we talked about in this guide. Enjoy your cereal with out the hassle and mess of a bag!
Last update on 2020-04-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API